Sunday 4 October 2009

Christian Life


I was watching a programme the other day and the presenter was talking about the ups and downs of the Christian life and Igot to thinking..... Does this mirror my life? Do I have highs and lows or is it very much like a straight line on a graph?

I have to say that I don't have highs and lows, my life is almost a flat line and if I were to draw a line on a graph I would have to say it would be close to the bottom. At this moment in my life I don't get much from the church service because my wife and i tend to be trying to occupy our 2 daughters rather than concentrating on what the preacher is saying. I need to spend time at home reading the Bible more and applying what I read to my life.

I am reminded about what Joyce Meyer says, wishbone wont get anything done but backbone will. I need to do something about this and then I wont be reliant on getting something from the service.

The Holy Spirit longs for me to meet with him so that he can teach me and show me new things which will deepen my relationship with Jesus.

It is up to me, the Holy Spirit wont force himself on me, I need to chose to change my priorities and this what I am going to do today.

Here's to a new adventure with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment