Monday 7 September 2009


I realised last night at a worship service that I can only go so far in worship before hitting the walls of reservation and fear. Reservation because it was not how I was brought up, we didn't raise our hands in the Methodist Church or sing our own songs in the time of worship. Fear because of what people will think of me. I have heard what people think of people who raise their hands. I long to get a big demolition ball and SMASH these walls down so that there are no restrictions when I worship God.
I need to not worry about what people "may" think of me and worry about what God thinks of me. That is what is important.
I need to throw off the shackles of religion and worship from the heart.
God please show me how to do this.
Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. "I need to throw off the shackles and worship from the heart."

    Stephen - thanks for this very honest post. Praying that you smash the walls down. God is in the business of removing shackles and I for one will pray for this.

    You are so right that you do not need to worry about what others think. We are concerned only what God thinks!

    May God bless you and may he use this blog to His glory!

    Neil

    ReplyDelete